Phillip HollandMurfreesboro, TN
My name is Phillip Holland. This website, phillipholland.com, is about me. I’m a middle-aged guy feeling both older and younger than my age depending on the day. I like fine wine, loud music, both types of football, and freedom. I post irregularly on my blog, and I take photos when inspired. I sing loudly in my car, and I am focused on getting the most out of this special opportunity we call life.
Welcome to my site – please, don’t hesitate to irrationally judge me based on incomplete information.
Who...do you think you are?
- Pinky Raising Wino 70%
- Punk Rock 30%
- Uneducated Scholar 60%
- Crowd Pleaser 90%
- Free Spirit 40%
- Thumb Sucker 10%
- Born February 13, 1981. Friday the 13th. Mere hours away from being a more romantic child.
- I pursue outdoor activities that I am not good at, and pretend to not be in pain.
- No matter how serious the conversation we are having is, I am telling a joke at some point. Watch for it.
- I seem to blog about as infrequently as I do pushups.
- I have two cross-eyed brother cats, Jake and Elwood, and if I had to provide them with anything more than food and water they might not make it. They poop in a box of sand.
- I enjoy fine wine, cheap beer, live music, big cities and wide open spaces.
- Anything and everything I write on this site is my opinion and it is completely unfounded.
What...line of work are you in, partner?
My Internet Presence Management firm works with select clients to maximize their exposure on the web. Our small team hand crafts all aspects of our clients’ internet presence to ensure a consistent and professional brand identity throughout customer engagement. We prefer to stay small and nimble and work with clients that are the same – Fortune 500 companies need not apply. We’ve served clients in a range of industries, including food service, construction, literature, wine, production goods, and real estate. Our selective approach allows us to only work with best-fit clientele. Please contact us if you are interested in developing a relationship.
Nashville Catastrophe Services is an industry leading storm damage restoration firm based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. We excel at restoring homes damaged by catastrophic storm events – wind, hail, ice, tornado, and everything in-between – to their original beauty. Our team of project managers and contractors are professionally trained to identify compromises to your property, ensure that an accurate insurance claim is filed and fulfilled, and completing the work in a timely, safe, and high-quality manner. Please contact us if you suspect you have sustained any amount of storm damage.
Recent Ramblins...and notes from the frontier
Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Kwanza! Happy Festivus! Whatever the hell it is that you celebrate, I hope you enjoy it.
A certain amount of Keeping Up is part of our social contract. I’m wondering when Keeping Up just isn’t worth it?
“Dope” is what we do when we’re seeking pleasure or avoiding pain at the lowest common denominator. It is that quick, easy shot of something to kill our anxiety, or our worry, or our apathy, or our self-loathing. It is that thing we need to just deal with our day, to deal with the people in our lives, to deal with ourselves. It is what we do when we don’t want to do anything. It is how we avoid and postpone life.